Heyhey, BookNerds! Happy Pride Month! 🏳️🌈🌈!
Last year I made a smaller list of queer/lgbtq+ books that you can check out here -> LGBTQ+ Reads! Pride Month Book Recs🌈
This year I have redone this list and added even more books!!
A significant amount of the books are written by ownvoice authors (but not all) – and only a handful on this list are ones with tragedy (which have been marked!). However, they are all fantastic reads that I highly recommend!
- BBNYA #Blog Tour And Book Review: May Day (Seekers #1), by Josie Jaffrey
- BBNYA #Blogtour and BookReview: Judgement Day (Seekers #2), by Josie Jaffrey
- Rep: Bisexual mc/lesbian side character/gay side character.
- Mini Book Review: The Thousand Eyes (The Serpent Gates #2), by A.K. Larkwood
- Rep: f/f, m/m, non-binary (they/them)
- The Obsidian Tower (Rooks And Ruin #1), by Melissa Caruso
- Book Review: The Quicksilver Court (Rooks and Ruin #2), by Melissa Caruso
- Rep: f/f, bisexual mc, non-binary (they/them), polyamory.
- Book Review: The Mask Of Mirrors (Rook And Rose #1), by M. A. Carrick
- Book Review: The Liar’s Knot (Rook & Rose #2), by M.A. Carrick
- Rep: Bisexual, lesbian side character, queer-normative society, poc characters.
- Book Review: The Hidden King (The Coming Of Aed #1), by E.G Radcliff
- Book Review: The Last Prince (The Coming Of Aed #2), by E.G. Radcliff
- Book Review: The Wild Court (The Coming of Aed #3), by EG Radcliff.
- Rep: m/m, disabled rep.
- –> This series does include some tragedy.
- Book Review: A Master of Djinn (Dead Djinn #1), by P. Djèlí Clark
- Rep: Central f/f couple (including mc), PoC/Egyptian rep.
- Book Review: The Unbroken (Magic Of The Lost #1), by C.L. Clark
- Rep: f/f main couple, queer side characters, poc cast.
- Mini Book Review: In The Ravenous Dark, by AM Strickland
- Rep: Pansexual, polyamory, lesbian, asexual, non-binary.
- Book Review: The Jasmine Throne (Burning Kingdoms #1), by Tasha Suri
- Rep: Sapphic mc’s, Indian characters/Indian inspired settings.
- Book Review: Six Of Crows (#1), by Leigh Bardugo
- Rep (Inc. Book 2): gay, bisexual, disabled, poc.
- Book Review: The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire #1) , by Andrea Stewart
- Book Review: The Bone Shard Emperor (The Drowning Empire #2), by Andrea Stewart
- Rep: f/f main pov, Asian Characters.
- Book Review: The Priory Of The Orange Tree, by Samantha Shannon
- Rep: f/f mc’s, m/m side characters.
- Book Review: She Who Became The Sun (The Radiant Emperor #1), by Shelley Parker-Chan
- Rep: Central Sapphic rep, genderqueer mc, queer side characters, Chinese and Mongolian characters.
- Book Review: The Starless Sea, by Erin Morgenstern
- Rep: m/m rep, lgbtq+ side characters, poc characters.
- Mini Book Review: Girl, Serpent, Thorn, by Melissa Bashardoust
- Rep: sapphic mc, f/f relationship.
- #BlogTour – Our Bloody Pearl (These Treacherous Tides), by D.N. Bryn (#TheWriteReads #BBNYA #BBNYA2021)
- Rep: non-binary, asexual and ace romance, disabled.
- Book Review: The Once And Future Witches, by Alix E Harrow
- Rep: Sapphic, transgender side character, poc characters
- Book Review: Wild And Wicked Things, by Francesca May
- Rep: Sapphic mc’s, bisexual side character, gender non-conforming mc.
- Book Reveiw: The City Of Dusk (The Dark Gods #1), by Tara Sim
- Rep: Sapphic, transgender side character, bisexual – the book has a queer cast – poc characters
- Book Review: The Final Strife (The Final Strife Trilogy), by Saara El-Arifi
- Rep: Sapphic mc’s, transgender character (pov character), non-binary characters, Disabled characters, POC characters (African/Arab), queer side characters.
- Legends & Lattes, by Travis Baldree
- Rep: Sapphic mc, slow-burn sapphic romance.
- Winter’s Orbit, by Everina Maxwell
- Rep: M/M central couple (one mc is bisexual/pansexual), queer normative society, multiple side characters in same-sex relationships, non-binary side characters.
- Cinderella Is Dead, by Kalynn Bayron
- Rep: Lesbian mc, sapphic central romance, gay side character.
- Iron Widow, By Xiran Jay Zhao
- Rep: Bisexual MC, Poly M/F/F relationship.
- The Sound Of Stars, by Alechia Dow
- Rep: Demisexual and biromantic MC, non-binary side characters, Anxiety, biracial mc, plus sized mc.
- What If It’s Us, by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera.
- Rep: m/m mc’s.
- History Is All You Left Me, by Adam Silvera
- Rep: m/m main characters
- The book has a tragic element and is an emotional read.
- They Both Die At The End, by Adam Silvera
- Rep: m/m main characters (one is bisexual)
- Another sad book with tragedy.
- You Should See Me In A Crown, by Leah Johnson
- Rep: f/f mc’s.
- Loveless, by Alice Oseman
- Rep: Asexual, Aromantic, Lesbian, Pansexual, Gay side character.
- -> I would recommend this for the AroAce rep primarily (But keep in mind this is one specific experience of asexuality, not the only experience.)
- The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Rep: bisexual mc, lesbian side character, f/f relationship, m/m relationship, gay side character, Cuban mc.
- –> Great read but an emotional one.
- Book Review: Delilah Green Doesn’t Care (Bright Falls #1), by Ashley Herring Blake.
- Rep: Bisexual and Lesbian mc’s (f/f relationship), queer side characters.
- Book Review: She Gets The Girl, by Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick
- Rep: Lesbian mc’s, sapphic side characters, one character has Korean heritage/a Korean mother.
- Blog Blast and Book Review: Tell Me Everything, by Laura Kay
- Rep: Lesbian mc, central f/f relationships, lgbtq+ side characters, non-binary (they-them) side character, gay side character.
- The Falling In Love Montage, by Ciara Smyth
- Rep: Lesbian mc, sapphic side characters.
- CosmoKnights, by Hannah Templer
- Rep: sapphic, queer cast, poc.
- TV Series And Book Review: Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
- Rep: Gay and Bisexual m/m mc’s, lesbian, asexual, transgender.
- Tian Guan Ci FU, by Mo Xiang Tong Xu
- Rep: m/m mc’s.
- Book Review: Mo Dao Zu Shi, by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
- Rep: m/m main characters, bisexual and gay.
Are any of these on your tbrs? Or have you already read them? Am I missing out on any must read queer books? Let me know!