Hello BookNerds! So that’s another month gone and this year seems to be moving pretty quickly! We are still in a bit of a difficult time and boredom seems to be taking over, at the start of the month I read a book a day for the first three days but quickly fell into a slump for a couple of weeks, the lockdown lethargy seemed to hit! But, luckily it didn’t last and I managed to read a few more books in quick succession! I hope you are all doing ok during this time and are staying as safe as possible 💜
Books I Read!
So this month I actually read ALL the essential books on my TBR, including one that was not on the original tbr!!Let’s dive into what I read!
Firstly, I kicked off the month of April with The Angel Of Evil (The Great Devil War #4), by Kenneth B. Andersen. This is preparation for a blogtour in a couple of months so no review yet, but I will say I really enjoyed this one it was amazing, a lot of fun and a little darker than the rest of the series! I loved it!
Next, I read an eARC (Netgalley/Penguin) Harrow Lake, by Kat Ellis. This is another book that I won’t be reviewing until a later date but I also enjoyed this one! I don’t often read YA thrillers/horrors because I’m more of an outright horror fan who doesn’t scare easily but this was a deliciously quick and creepy read!
Then, on my three day streak, I read The Court Of Miracles, by Kester Grant (eARC Netgalley/HarperCollins). This publishes in June so I’ll review closer to the date. While not perfect this was an excellent read and the twist on Les Mis was incredibly interesting, I really enjoyed this one and found it to be a fantastic read overall!
Then I fell into my slump and my eARC (netgalley/Hodder & Stoughton/Flatiron) of Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust pulled me out of it. Another late title and another fantastic read, this Persian Fairytale inspired story was amazing, complex and surprising, I loved this one a lot.
I then decided to branch outside of my comfort genres and tackled the long awaited eARC of The Sight Of You by Holly Miller. This is centred around romance (but is not one) and it was excellent and heartbreaking, I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would.
I then rounded off my eARC reads with one I recently received and that was Mexican Gothic, by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. Publishing in June, this is a delightfully creepy, wildride of a Gothic novel and I loved every minute of it. This took me on some twists and turns that I never woud have imagined, and the Gothic elements were perfect.
Book Review: The Silent Treatment, by Abbie Greaves. – (Netgalley eARC)⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Frank and Maggie have been married and in love for a long time, but Frank hasn’t said a word to the woman he loves in 6 months and Maggie can’t take it anymore. What has caused his silence? And is it too late to fix it? This is not the book I expected but it was a good read and very heart-breaking, a book about love and parenting. I really enjoyed this title.
Book Review: Legacy Of Ash by Matthew Ward.(Netgalley eARC) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – This epic fantasy follow multiple characters as they fight to save their people, their land and each other, but first they must survive a deadly war and an even more deadly web of political lies and betrayal. This was a phenomenal story with so many fantastic layers and morally grey characters- a truly nostalgic yet unique story.
- Behind The Blogger #BookTag
- 5 2019-2020 Diverse Fantasy Books That Are Amazing!
- Bookish Things And Thoughts #6 ( Netgalley Edition)
Book Review + BlogTour – The Die Of Death (The Great Devil War #2), by Kenneth B Andersen– review copy– ⭐⭐⭐⭐ – the fantastic sequel to an extraordinary series. This series is fun, dark and entertaining! A big Thank you to TheWriteReads for giving me a spot on this tour because it was a truly excellent read and I love this series!
So for 99p each I managed to get The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black and The Flatshare, by Beth O’Leary on my kindle which was awesome as they are both reads I have had on the tbr for a while!!
Annd from the amazing Nazia (@Gambit589 – twitter) at Orbitbooks, I got a gorgeous prof copy of The Bone Shard Daughter, by Andrea Stewart to review – releasing in September! I am super thrilled to get this one because it sounds AMAZING!
Before we finish up let’s check out some awesome Book Bloggers who have been so kind and supportive since I have met them! Each of the bloggers listed below are absolutely amazing and fantastic, they are so lovely and they write some excellent posts and reviews that are so much fun to read.
- Stephen @ StephenWrites – Stephen always writes insightful reviews and interesting discussion posts! Definitely worth the follow as Stephen is so friendly and engaging!
- Candyce and Isabelle @ TheBookDutchesses – I met these bloggers almost at the start of my own blogging journey and they have been consistently supportive and kind and friendly! And their reviews are always excellent!!
- Noly @ TheArtsyReader – Noly is the most sweetest person in the blogging community and is so kind to everyone, and very talented!! Noly is so helpful and creative and just an amazing person!
- Holly @ HollyLovesBooks – Holly is a fantastic blogger who always has such amazing reviews and recommendations!! Not only that but Holly is super kind and fun too!
- Leah @ OneMoreChapterBookBlog – Leah is such a great blogger who writes great reviews and always has fun recommendations! Leah is very supportive and engaging and a lot of fun to know.
- Dini @ DiniPandaReads – Dini is terrific! She is fun, creative, kind and her posts are always excellent! Dini leaves such kind comments and is super sweet!
- Ellie @ ReadToRamble Ellie is such a sweetheart, I have known her for a little while now and she is such a lovely person who is incredibly helpful! And her reviews are always so insightful!!
- Tessa @ TessaTalksBooks – Tessa is wonderful, with amazing posts and a great personality! Tessa is so lovely, friendly, and awesome and has some excellent discussions!
- Nen And Jen – Nen and Jen are a brilliant duo who are are incredibly kind and always talk about fantastic books! I’ve known them for a while and they are super lovely and I love their posts!
- Flora @ FlorasMusings – Flora is fun, unique and sweet! Flora always has excellent posts that are so much fun and is always super friendly!
- Andrew @ OnMyBookShelf – Andrew is a blogger I met kind of recently and he has been so awesome! He is so sweet and so much fun to do collaboration posts with, and his blog is amazing!
- Nikita @ Prose And Pancakes – Nikita is lovely, a sweetheart who is so kind and amazing and has some brilliant discussion posts! nikita is a lot of fun and reads some awesome books!
- Danni @ ForBooksSake – Danni is also a super awesome blogger who is very friendly and kind! Danni is always reading some very interesting books and always has great posts to read!
- E @ LocalBeeHuntersNook – E is awesome, with a brilliant blog and great posts! E is really friendly and will have excellent discussions about favourite books! Not only that, she created a meme recently that is so much fun!
My month was pretty productive, only a small amount of books read but it was a bit of a busy month so it wasn’t too bad! I loved all of this months reads as they were all fantastic. Hopefully next month will have just as many good reads!