A big thank you to Emer @ A Little Haze who nominated me for this one!! Their blog is absolutely amazing and has some fantastic posts so be sure to check it out!! I am super behind on my tags but I thought I’d start with this one and will hopefully work my way through the rest soon!
So what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
All I know is it was created by Okoto @ OkotoEnigmasBlog other than that it is a MYSTERY!!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things about Me!
So I only really share specific things about me on here but here are three things you probably don’t know about me:
- I have three dogs, all very different but equally mischevous!
- Umm, I am (try to be) quite creative! I love to draw and handmake things! Some go better than others 😂.
- I hate small talk, I would much rather have an in-depth discussion about anything else! I am not very outgoing so small-talk is very stressful but if you strike up a conversation with me about a passion of yours, even if I don’t share it, I will listen and ask questions and be more engaged!
Link to my favourite post
At the moment I would probably have to say my review of The Starless Sea? It is excrutiatingly long but I don’t care because I loved the book and had a LOT to say about it! My other favourite may have been my first ever Author Interview wih Claire Wade about her novel, The Choice.!!
People I am Tagging for this Award
I am meant to tag 10 people but I am trying to catch up on posts so forgive me! But, these bloggers are absolutely fabulous and their blogs are amazing so you should definitely check them out! I promise you will love them!
- Stephen – Stephen Writes
- Ellie – Read To Ramble
- Fis Bibliofiles
- Pam Who Cried Books
- Lauren Bodiford
- Candyce And Isabelle Book Dutchesses
- The Coy Caterpillar Reads
If tags aren’t your thing then no worries! But you all deserved the tag because you are all incredible bloggers!
Questions From Emer @ A Little Haze!
Do you think there is a place for one star reviews in the blogging community?
I think there can be a place for one star reviews, if they are respectful about it. While not all books will suit all readers some books are problematic, or may truly be poor in character representation or general construction and so will deserve one-star. I do not think there is a place for toxic or cruel reviews though, if you rate and review a book with one-star it should be respectful.
How do you feel about audiobooks?
I LOVE audiobooks! Unfortunately, I don’t own any audiobooks and have only used borrowed ones, but I love them because they are very helpful when I am busy or unwell! They are also super accessible when I am out because I can listen to them while I am in my wheelchair and still be able to move around!
Have you ever emotionally identified with a character or plot in a book that you felt the author was writing the words that are etched on your soul?
Yes Yes Yesss! I am a reader that gets so emotionally invested in a book that some are ones that just feel like home! A lot of my favourite books fall into this category – so many that I can’t even choose! – but the latest one I read that felt like this was The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern.
What was the last book (or film) that made you cry?
Hmmm, I recently finished The Tattooist Of Auschwitz, by Heather Morris, that bought me really close to tears as it is incredibly devastating and heart-breaking.
What ice cream flavour do you think best represents your personality? E.g. are you vanilla with sprinkles? Maybe you’re a decadent salted caramel? Or maybe you’re a scoop of rocky road?
Hehe, this is a great question! I’d probably want to be salted caramel, sweet with a salty kick but in reality i’m probably vanilla (maybe with a strong sauce – I can be a little determined and strong minded but i’m far too soft).
My Questions for Those I Have Tagged
- How do you organise your bookshelves? (Colour, Alphabetically, by Genre?) And what do you think it says about you?
- If you could date/partner up with/be best friends with any ficitonal character who would you choose and why?
- What was the last book you read that completely captured you, drew you in and made you feel incredibly strongly about it. The book that you will forever recommend to everyone because it is just beautiful or powerful?
- Why do you read? What is it about reading that makes you love it and spend hours on it?
- What three fictional characters combined make up your personality? Do you have the stubborn brains of Hermione Granger, the loyalty of Samwise Gamgee, and the kind nature of Newt Scamander? Or are you witty, flirty and full of charm instead?